Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pasta for Prostates

September is Prostate Cancer Awareness month. 

In June 2009 we found out Ray has prostate cancer, he became a Survivor in October! 

I wanted to have a fundraiser to raise awareness, so searching on the Internet having a pasta fundraiser was the best plan.  I wrote a donation letter asking for donations, earlier this month was The Good Guys car show at the Ohio State Fair grounds.  They had Arts and Crafts vendors there, I thought why not ask for donations there.  They can't do more than say no.   I got two donations there one of which the husband was being treated for prostate cancer. 

Ray and I took the letter to CiCi's in Pickerington, OH and told the manager what we are planning, they are going to donate a pan of either spirals or elbow pasta with sauce.  Then off to Noodles and Company and told the assistant manager what we are doing and he loved the idea!  They are going to donate enough pasta to feed about 40 people maybe more.  I would love to have a variety of pastas to have a taste of the different business that have donated to us for a great cause! 

No comments:

Post a Comment