Sunday, July 15, 2012

Us TOO International

After we found out Ray had prostate cancer I needed to find a support group to know we were not alone!  I called many diffrent ones and kept running into a road block that they did not allow women into their groups.  Just for Men.  If you know me I usually don't give up so easily!  Finally I reached a group that allowed women with Us TOO.  It was fate the day I called was the August meeting, we made the trip to Lancaster, OH.

That is the day we met Bill and Sherry Stevens and it changed our lives.  We became part of their prostate cancer family!  At first we were all in the same room listening to the presentation and meet the members the first hour.   Then we split up the men talked in one room and the ladies went to another room.  That day I was one of the newbies telling our story to the ladies was the hardest part of the night.  I tried to introduce myself and then the water works started not knowing  how to deal with prostate cancer.  Everyone knew what I was feeling becasue they were there at one time!  Now it is easy to talk about Ray having cancer there was a reason to why we joined this club that no one wants to join.

Us TOO has been a wealth of information, support and great friends!  Their website is UsTOO.org

No comments:

Post a Comment