Friday, September 21, 2012

COMING IN 8 DAYS!!!!!!

In 8 days the 1st Pasta for Prostates will take place!  The raffle items are growing daily and so are the pasta donations. I have had many turn downs on donations but then it seems like for every one denied it comes back two fold! I want to thank eveyone who has been helping with the whole planning stages and efforts to this fundraiser. 

I am greatful to have friends and families who are just as passionate as I am with Prostate Cancer. So many people thinks it just affects the men, but that is false. We women suffer like the men do, yes we do not have a prostate but we get depression also. Some men will not talk to a support group or anyone else for that matter and then suffer in silence when there is no need to.

September is Prostate Cancer Awareness month and it should be all over the TV with psa. But how many have you seen or heard? I have heard more about breast cancer but the fact it is not breast cancer month. It is in October people we are still in September!!!! Did you know that 28,000 men with die this year of prostate cancer?

Ray has a chance of getting breast cancer from the hormone shots that he is receiving, but I am not worried about it becasue there is so much funding and help for breast cancer I know he will be taken care of. I hope unless the breast cancer funding does not cover men with breast cancer.

Sorry just venting!

No comments:

Post a Comment