Thursday, September 20, 2012

The spill on Capitol Hill

On September 13th Ray, Petey and I were at The Summit to End ProstateCancer on this morning we had meetings with our Senators/Staffers.
Around 8:10am I took a spill on Capitol Hill, fell of the curb thinking it was a slope in the sidewalk. Being blind in one eye did not help at all. I go down on my ankle and heard a pop and cry like a baby.  I will admit it!!
The Capitol Hill Officers come over to see if I need them to call the squad.
Me (tears flowing): No we have a meeting with Sharrod Brown at 8:30 and I am going no matter what this is too important to me!
Officers:  We will get you there but you need to see the Capitol Hill nurse.
Me: After we meet with Sharrod Brown
Officers: We will have a wheel chair waiting for you at the door, we called for the shuttle to get you to the door.
Me: ok I can't miss these meeting they are more important.

At 8:30 am was our first meeting with Sharrod Brown to let him know not to cut funding for prostate cancer and to bring awareness to this disease. It is not just a men's disease it's a couple's disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment